While one will find an abundance of serene, awe-inspiring settings here to relax and soak in that "pura vida", Sunshine Sanctuary is truly a hub for the intrepid adventure seekers. Between jungle and sea, the diverse location offers up a vast array of unforgettable things to experience.
Whether on the property itself or through one of our many friendly regional neighbors, you will have a new story to tell each and every night.
Sunshine Sanctuary can be a base camp for those who want to explore and play in the abundant possibilities that the area offers.
• Visit one or all of the three tiers of the Montezuma waterfalls. The trail begins at our parking lot, so you can drop your bags and be diving into a pool of fresh water within minutes.
• Watch the sunset, or better yet, the sunrise over the ocean.
• Visit the local breweries. (Butterly Brewery is located at the entrance to our driveway).
• Enjoy the many marvelous restaurants with unique, world-class cuisine.
• Dance at Chico's bar, enjoy the weekly bonfire on the beach or the phenomenal local talent at the open mic nights at three different locations each week.
• Hike through Cabo Blanco Natural Reserve, which covers an area of 3,140 terrestrial acres terrestrial and marine 4,420 acres.
• Paddle board out to Cabuya Island to see the beautiful local cemetery.
• Explore the miles of beautiful beaches you can walk to from town.
• Zipline through the jungle.
• Enjoy yoga classes, sound healing, and ecstatic dance.
• Santa Teresa, a 20-minute drive offers great surfing, spectacular sunsets, and fun night life.
• Rent an ATV to explore the many jungle trails surrounding Montezuma.
• Learn to surf with one of our trusted guides.
• Spend the day snorkeling at Tortuga Island.
• Go night kayaking to see the bioluminescence.
• Bathe in the emerald waters of the natural pools of the Rio Lajas.
• Hire a local caballero to take you horseback riding.